Sunday, July 6, 2014

All along the watchtower.

First the old old city.... A model of the walls and city of Jerusalem from the time of Jesus :





You get the idea... Also where the temple WAS... The golden mosque is NOW...

The present walls are as follows, with their gates...


You may notice, the ramparts walk does not include the area of ( what the Jews still call ) the Temple Mount or the golden mosque...( the Muslims are not as ecumenical in allowing "outsiders" ).

The walk I did this day (for these photos) started at #2 and went all the way over to #5.....(map above)

Here you see the Wailing wall ( men and women's wall divided and the golden mosque on the other side of the wall.    A city of contrasts....



Do I feel safe?  


All Israeli youth serve two mandatory years in the army...
I have had a chance to chat with a soldier who has already served 3 years. He is convinced that it is all about defending his country. "we did not start this, but we will protect our people..." His words. He seemed very committed to the cause. He just visited his family and was on his way back to the front....


And now (I am still learning how to blog and post photos so bare with me)- I will try to post a link to one of my photo albums, with a few more photos of this three hour walking tour.... 












No comments:

Post a Comment